ABOUT LEADING EDGE
Leading Edge is a California based sustainability consultancy. Originally grown out of building operations and energy assessments, the team has grown over the past 15 years to include design and construction, educational and ESG based services. We are 100% remote with built in flexibility from the start. We believe in holistic growth, a company-wide ownership mentality and serving our clients through a passion for solving the world’s climate crisis through value-based expertise.
We invest in you. We hold weekly LE EDU meetings where we learn from one another as well as our preferred partners in the business. Our leadership has a “YES” mentality, aimed at encouraging each team member’s personal and career growth. Team members are highly encouraged to get involved in their communities, participate in educational events, and think like a trend-sustainability-setter.
JOB TITLE: Sustainability Coordinator
PRIMARY REPORTING : Sustainability Manager/Director TBD
JOB STATUS: Part-Time/Full-Time
START DATE: Ongoing
CONTACT: Sara Hickman
PHONE: 857 998 7911
Support Energy Star Benchmarking, LEED Certification, WELL Health-Safety Label. Includes but is not limited to:
- Asset and portfolio data monitoring
- LEED / Arc Project Support
- Support WELL Building certifications
- ESG and GRESB data support
- Air Quality, Energy and Waste Audit support
- Support growing services through research
Business Development and Company Growth
- Team members are expected to stay on top of trends, technology, and general industry insights.
- Limited travel may be required based on location.
- Be a part of your community: Participate in various organizations, e.g. BOMA, USGBC, ULI, AIA, ILFI, to assure involvement and eminence building for the team.
- Participate in company DEI+A growth exercises on a regular basis
- Conduct as needed presentations, meetings, and other required communication activities.
- Detail time tracking.
- Adherence to general remote work expectations as defined in the Leading Edge Toolkit and company handbook including working hours, availability, and communication.
We are seeking an assortment of talent to diversify our collective approach. Ideal skillsets include:
- A forward-thinking, ownership mentality
- Relevant education and/or demonstrated competency through experience.
- Eager to learn and support LEED, WELL Health-Safety Label, ENERGY STAR, Fitwel and/or other sustainability systems certification process(es) on commercial projects
- Excellent people skills and the ability to coordinate and collaborate.
- Strong writing skills, organizational skills and/or technical presentation ability.
- Sustainability credential(s) such as LEED AP, WELL AP, SITES, Passive House, LFA, or Fitwel Ambassador.
OUR SUPPORT TO YOU
- Weekly dedicated educational time
- Annual conference attendance at manager’s discretion
- Dedicated study time for advanced accreditations. (Up to 20 hours pending approval from management)
- Home office stipend
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Travel reimbursement and flexible work schedules
- Competitive merit-based compensation and annual bonuses
- Competitive PTO, holiday benefits and community / volunteer hours
- Cell phone reimbursement
- ESG based retirement contributions.
- National Park Pass Reimbursement.
- Active involvement in professional organizations and committees
- Sustainability Credentials
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign or Technical background
- Advanced knowledge of excel and Microsoft Project
- Energy Modeling and/or LCA experience