JOB STATUS: 40 hrs / week: Summer 2022
ABOUT LEADING EDGE:
Leading Edge is a California based sustainability consultancy. Originally grown out of building operations and energy assessments, the team has grown over the past 15 years to include design and construction, educational and ESG based services. We are 100% remote with built in flexibility from the start. We believe in holistic growth, a company-wide ownership mentality and serving our clients through a passion for solving the world’s climate crisis through value-based expertise.
We invest in you. We hold weekly LE EDU meetings where we learn from one another as well as our preferred partners in the business. Our leadership has a “YES” mentality, aimed at encouraging each team member’s personal and career growth.
We are seeking an assortment of talent to diversify our collective approach. Ideal skillsets include:
- A forward-thinking, ownership mentality
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Sustainability Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Planning (urban/transportation/environmental planning, urban design), Building Operations (facility management, property management), or demonstrated competency through a combination of another degree not listed and years of experience with sustainable design
- Eager to learn and support LEED, WELL, ENERGY STAR, SITES, Fitwel, Living Building Challenge and/or other sustainability systems certification process(es) on commercial projects
- Excellent people skills and the ability to coordinate and collaborate with various disciplines and stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills, organizational skills and/or technical presentation ability.
- Sustainability credential(s) such as LEED AP, WELL AP, SITES, Passive House, LFA, or Fitwel Ambassador.
Support Energy Star Benchmarking, LEED and Arc Certification, WELL Certification and ESG / GRESB programs. Includes but is not limited to:
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Asset and portfolio data monitoring
- ENERGY STAR benchmarking
- LEED / Arc Project Management
- ESG and GRESB policy, education and data management
- Develop static and dynamic reports
- Technology research
- Air Quality, Energy and Waste Audit support
- Support growing services through research