ABOUT LEADING EDGE
Leading Edge is a California based sustainability consultancy. Originally grown out of building operations and energy assessments, the team has grown over the past 15 years to include design and construction, educational and ESG based services. We are 100% remote with built in flexibility from the start. We believe in holistic growth, a company-wide ownership mentality and serving our clients through a passion for solving the world’s climate crisis through value-based expertise.
We invest in you. We hold weekly LE EDU meetings where we learn from one another as well as our preferred partners in the business. Our leadership has a “YES” mentality, aimed at encouraging each team member’s personal and career growth. Team members are highly encouraged to get involved in their communities, participate in educational events and think like a trend-sustainability-setter.
JOB TITLE: Sustainability Manager
PRIMARY REPORTING: Directors
JOB STATUS: Full Time
START DATE: August
The Manager directs project management from a holistic perspective, coordinating technical and administrative efforts to assure value-add focused while maintaining optimal efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned work in pursuit. Serves as the primary client liaison and is responsible for completing projects to satisfy client’s goals. Actively manages project schedules, programs, documentation, and team assignments. Utilizes regularly updated work plans, LE Toolkit and Monday.com to identify staffing needs and communicates projections to operations leadership. Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and negotiates with clients to obtain approved contracts with support of Director.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
Managers contribute to the success of the practice area through the effective oversight of and successful execution of assigned projects and accounts. Performance evaluation is weighted through a combination of annual performance reviews and bonus review evaluation tools. Factors of performance are:
- Individual team member effectiveness based on targeted utilization rates.
- Consistent team performance and adherence to standards and procedures.
- Skill building efforts for staff and future leaders.
- Positive and effective relationships with other company leaders and staff.
- Client retention and repeat work
- Contribution to project profitability
- LE Bonus character tool
- Team and project management growth
- Strong personal time management skills
- Strong technical skills.
- Eagerness to learn new skillsets
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Community engagement via USGBC, IWBI, ILFI, BOMA or other relevant field
Core Responsibilities: New Construction (60%)
- Manage LEED BD+C projects.
- Coordinate project budgets, proposals, and invoicing with oversight of Senior Staff
- Conduct ongoing billing review in collaboration with Directors
- Lead project meetings with agendas and ensure accuracy of meeting minutes, checklist updates, including project kickoff and post project review meetings
- Collaborate with Directors and fellow Management staff to complete all required quality review milestones
- Pursue new project opportunities with existing clients
Supplementary Responsibilities: ESG (30%)
- Support ESG development strategies.
- Coordinating building performance data collection
- Policy development support
- Research new standards, develop new tools and presentations
- Attend conferences and educational webinars
Business Development and Company Growth (10%)
- Assist staff and clientele in development of industry knowledge and sustainability, health + wellness and equity skills by example, and by seeking out learning opportunities related to new compliance requirements, industry trends, technologies, and workflow
- Be a part of your community: Participate in various organizations, e.g. BOMA, USGBC, ULI, AIA, ILFI, to assure involvement and eminence building for the team
- Detail time tracking
- Provide monthly timesheet review of Sustainability Coordinators in coordination with Directors as services are defined
- Adherence to general remote work expectations as defined in the Leading Edge Toolkit and company handbook including working hours, availability, presenteeism and communication
- Maintain continuous flow of critical information to team members, as well as provide regular status updates on staff calls
OUR SUPPORT TO YOU
- Weekly dedicated educational time
- Annual conference attendance at manager’s discretion
- Dedicated study time for advanced accreditations. (Up to 20 hours pending approval from management)
- Home office stipend
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Paid parental leave
- Travel reimbursement and flexible work schedules
- Competitive merit-based compensation and annual bonuses
- Competitive PTO, holiday benefits and community / volunteer hours
- Cell phone reimbursement
- ESG based retirement contributions
- Monthly financial education classes
- National Park Pass Reimbursement